FOODS TO AVOID AND ALTERNATIVES BEFORE YOUR CLEANSE FOR ONE WEEK TO TWO DAYS BEFORE CLEANSING, ONE SHOULD FOLLOW A HEALTHY EATING PROGRAM.
The following are all acid-forming and mucus producing:
All pasteurized dairy products especially milk, cheese and soy.
- May have raw organic cheese and unsalted butter. Substitute yogurt by Alta Dena or Brown Cow.
All fried foods especially deep-fried foods.
- Cook with cold pressed olive oil, coconut or grapeseed oil.
All types of pork, especially sausage and bacon.
- May have turkey sausage or bacon.
All types of processed meat, especially lunchmeat and hotdogs with nitrates and nitrites.
- May have fresh slices of turkey or chicken or turkey and chicken hot dogs.
All wheat especially white and wheat bread.
- May have 7 grain sprouted bread, wheat-free / gluten free bread and cereals.
- May have Jensen’s vegetable seasoning, Bragg’s liquid aminos or Celtic sea salt.
- May have stevia, grade B maple syrup or organic honey.
All junk foods. This includes:
- Fast foods /Processed Foods
- Soft drinks-try sparkling mineral water, or purified water with 2oz. of fruit juice such as apple or pineapple
- Chocolate and Candy-may have Carob / Artificially colored foods
All Recreational Drugs. This includes:
- Coffee – substitutes are Teecino, Pero, Caffix and Postum
- Black teas- substitute with green or herbal teas
- Alcohol &Tobacco
Two days before your colonic please refrain from the following:
- Gum Chewing
- Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Cabbage
You may indulge in other vegetables that are not gas producing and combine them with a starch or a protein.
PLEASE TRY NOT TO COMBINE STARCH AND PROTEINS TOGETHER.
DONT EAT 2 HOURS BEFORE & DON’T DRINK 1 HOUR BEFORE APPT.